On the Content page, view stories from across the Web, and curate them for your audience. Read about adding content from the Find page (legacy users only) here.
This article includes:
Definitions to Know on the Content Page
- Under the Browse section, browse stories from across the web. These stories are only viewable by you, and are not yet shared with your audience. To help you find the right stories for your audience, they are sorted by Categories and Sources.
- The Your Content section displays the stories you’ve curated (manually or automatically) and can be shared with your audience.
- When you click the thumbs up icon on any story, it is added to your Favorites.
- Original Content includes any content you add yourself by uploading a PDF, pasting a URL, or entering directly into our text editor.
- A Stream a collection of content, curated automatically with stories matching certain topics or sources. You can choose the settings of a stream, but the stories are automatically added. A stream can be shared with your audience.
- A Library is a collection of content, curated by you with stories you personally choose to add. A library can be shared with your audience.
How to Browse Articles by Category
- On the sidebar on the left-hand side, click Categories.
- Categories include popular topics, along with Evergreen (content that is always relevant) and Compliance Suggested (content that has been approved by any compliance personnel using Vestorly – this content does not necessarily meet your organization’s compliance standards, but may help guide your choices).
- Vestorly’s algorithms automatically sort new, quality articles into categories in real time.
- Click on any category to find new stories.
- When you find a story you like, you can add it to a library or create a stream from it.
How to Browse Articles by Source, Add Sources, and Favorite Sources
- On the sidebar on the left-hand side, click Sources.
- Sources are displayed alphabetically. Click FILTER SOURCES to find a specific source.
- Click on the source to see all recent articles from that source.
- Click the floppy disk icon on the upper left-hand corner to save the source as a stream.
- To add a source, you’ll need the RSS feed. RSS is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Most sources use this image to designate the RSS feed link on their websites:
- Click on the settings wheel (upper right-hand corner) and select edit sources. To add your custom source, click on ‘custom source,’ and then select ‘add Custom Source.’ For the RSS name add the page name (blog, news) and use the source name for the RSS Publisher.
- To Favorite a source, click the heart in the upper right.
- You can also manage your favorite sources by clicking the settings gear icon in the upper right of your dashboard and choosing Edit Sources.
How to Browse by Topic
- To browse by a specific topic (retirement, social security), click on the search bar located at the top of your screen.
- Type in the topic and hit enter on your keyboard
- This will generate a result of articles for you. You can sort by your favorite sources or all the sources found in Vestorly.
- Finally, save the stream by clicking on the floppy disk icon. You will be prompted to name the stream. We suggest naming streams based on the topic of the original article.
How to Add Original Content
- On the lefthand menu, click “Original Content.”
- Click “Create a post.”
- To share a web article or video, enter the title and url to the article in the indicated boxes.
- You’ll then have the option to add a question. If your choose to do so, please click “Save and Continue”.
- Or instead of a link, upload your PDF in the indicated section. The tile that appears in your library will display the first page of the PDF. You can override this with an image by uploading your image to the Add Image section.
- Instead of a link or PDF, enter your own content directly into the body box. This option works best to host your own updates or blog directly through Vestorly.
- Choose the libraries to add your content to and click “Add to Libraries.”
- The article will now appear in your selected libraries and the Original Content section.
How to Create a Stream
- Streams are created based on categories, sources or topics. When you find a story you like, you can create a stream of similar stories.
- To create a stream based off of a category, click on Categories under browse on the left-hand side.
- Click on a category (Personal Finance, Entrepreneurship & Small Business)
- Select on the floppy disk icon to save it as one of your streams.
- To create a stream based off of a source, click on Source under browse one the left-hand side.
- Type in the source name on the left-hand side under ‘filter sources.’
- Click on the source title and click on the floppy dick icon. You will be prompted to title the stream, we suggest titling it based on the source name
- If you see an article that you like, you can create a stream based off of it. Every article has 3 horizontal dots on the upper right-hand corner. If you click on those dots, you can select more like this to create a stream based off of this article.
- Articles similar to your selected story will appear.
- At the top, choose to display similar stories from all sources, or only the sources you have favorited.
- Click the save icon to save these articles (and all future articles similar to the original) to a stream.
- Name your stream, and click “Save.”
- In the future, you can find your saved stream on the lefthand side of your dashboard.
How to Create a Library
- On the lefthand side of your dashboard, click “New Library.”
- Title your library and click “Save.”
- Add articles that you find under Categories, Sources, Favorites, Original Content, or Streams. Click the plus button at the top right of any article.
- Choose the correct libraries. You can an article to one library or muliple libraries. Finally, click “Save Changes.”