When you first set up your Vestorly account, your library is empty. By adding content, you build your library. (Adding content alone does not bring content directly to your readers. You must share the library with a direct link, a web embed, an email roundup, or a social roundup.) Watch the video or read the article below.
Add content in one of three ways: add third-party content manually, add third-party content automatically, or create your own original content.
This article will teach you how to:
Create a Stream
The Vestorly publish menu displays content organized by Streams, collections of content from specific sources and topics. By default, your account includes several streams organized by topic and a default stream of your content, featuring all content from all default sources. Add additional streams and customize the sources included.
- Choose Find Content from the Publish option on the top menu.
- The default option entitled “[Your Name]’s Content” displays content pulled from all default sources. Create a new stream which will always be available upon future visits.
- At the top right is a menu that includes your content and default streams. Click the plus option to create a custom stream.
- Enter the name of your new stream. It will not be viewable to readers and you can make changes later.
- Now, you have the opportunity to choose your desired sources. You can make changes to this later.
- Click Finish to see your final stream. At any time, click Find Content at the top left to make updates to your stream. Or enter a keyword to search within your stream.
Add Articles from Your Stream to Your Library Manually
- After creating a stream, scroll through the article options it displays.
- Click the plus icon at the base of each article to publish to a library.
- Select the libraries to which you’d like to add the article.
- Click Save Changes.
- To see your published content, select an option from the My Libraries menu at the top.
Add Articles from Your Stream to Your Library Automatically
Turn on the auto-publish function on to publish articles from a selected stream to a selected library on a daily basis. No further action required.
- Select your chosen stream.
- Select “Auto-Publish” from the top right.
- You’ll see a list of your libraries. Select each library to which you’d like to automatically publish, and choose the amount of articles to publish on a daily basis.
- Auto-publish from as many streams as you like to as many libraries as you like.
Create Original Content
Create your own posts to publish content like PDFs, videos, one-off links to articles, or your own original articles. Original content works best for sharing articles from a source you don’t share regularly, PDF files like whitepapers, and videos.
- Select Manage from the top menu.
- Click Create a post.
- To share a web article or video, enter the title and url to the article in the indicated boxes.
- You’ll then have the option to add a comment. Optionally enter your comment, and click Save Post.
- Or instead of a link, upload your PDF in the indicated section. The tile that appears in your library will display the first page of the PDF. You can override this with an image by uploading your image to the Add Image section.
- Instead of a link or PDF, enter your own content directly into the body box. This option works best to host your own updates or blog directly through Vestorly.
- Choose the content libraries to add your content to and click Add to Libraries.