Note: All Salesforce imports and exports require the connected Salesforce account to have API access enabled. If you are unsure that your Salesforce account has this enabled, contact your Salesforce administrator and they can assist you with enabling it. More information on how to enable it can be found here.
If you use Salesforce’s CRM, connect your account to Vestorly to add and sync your contacts, leads and campaigns to your content library easily.
- From the settings gear icon at the top right of your dashboard, choose CRM.
- On the CRM Integration page, Click Connect Salesforce.
- You’ll be directed to a Salesforce window requiring you to login.
- Provide your permission to Salesforce by clicking Allow.
- Now, you have the option to automatically import/export your contacts from Salesforce or to perform a one-time import or export. If you turn on the auto import and/or export, then any additions to either platform’s list will automatically be reflected on the other’s. You can choose to import both your Contacts & Leads lists, only Contacts, only Leads, everything assigned to your Salesforce account as the contact owner, or Salesforce Campaigns. If you plan to use Salesforce campaigns, please see step 6.
- Custom Fields Enabled checkbox: This is a setting that will add Vestorly Custom Fields to your Contacts and/or Leads in Salesforce. For information on how to setup custom fields, pleases see this resource: How to Add Vestorly Data to Custom Fields in Salesforce. Please note that in order to setup Vestorly Custom Fields, you must have System Administrator level access.
- Import from Owner checkbox: This is a setting to import based on what has been assigned to you as the “Contact Owner” field in Salesforce.
- If you’d like to use a Salesforce campaign to sync Vestorly, see this resource: Learn how to set up Salesforce Campaigns.
- Click Save settings after you choose the auto-option.
- To perform a one-time import or export, first select “Turned off” for the auto import and export options. Then, choose the list you’d like to import or export on a one-time basis. Click Start import or Start export.
- If you imported relationships, check your Relationships page to see all data successfully imported. If you exported, check your Salesforce account for the updates.