To send an Email Newsletter, first import your contacts. This is the list of people who will receive your emails. This article will teach you how to
Alternately, add relationships via our Salesforce integration.
Choose Your Email Contacts
Import all of your contacts into Vestorly so that your Email Newsletters make the biggest impact . You’ll have the opportunity to sort different groups of contacts into separate lists so that you can communicate with them accordingly. To begin with, consider including these relationships:
- Current clients, prospects, and centers of influence
- Current newsletter recipients (easily export a list of readers from Constant Contact or MailChimp, for example)
- Contacts in your CRM
- Friends and family
- Colleagues and coworkers
Uploading Contacts via Email Client, Online Profile, or Excel File
- Select Relationships at the top of your dashboard.
- Choose the blue plus icon on the left and choose to Import Contacts.
- You have two options to import contacts. The Email Import tab is best if you have many contacts on an email account or social profile, but do not store them anywhere else. On this tab, follow instructions to import via your email client or social media profiles.
- It is recommended that you use the second option, the CSV Upload tab. This option is best for importing a client database, or a database you have with another email sender service. On this tab, follow instructions to upload an Excel file. In the fourth column, you’ll indicate each contact’s tags, which allow you to categorize your readers and determine what content libraries or streams they’ll receive in emails. Learn more about how tags work here.
- Instead of creating your own template, you can also download the one provided. Add your contacts by First Name, Last Name, Email and Tags. Once completed, select Upload a CSV, add the file, and select Add Contacts.
- You can use both methods to import contacts and duplicates will be resolved automatically.