If you are having trouble formatting your text in Vestorly, it is likely because you’re copy and pasting from another editor like Word.
Why does Word text look strange when pasted into Vestorly?
Vestorly emails are HTML just like a webpage. Microsoft Word however use their own language that outputs text and styles.
It therefore makes sense that merely pasting from Word won’t work in Vestorly as a different language is used in the two.
How to clean Word content to paste into Vestorly?
Because Microsoft Word is so popular there is a simple means of pasting into your Vestorly text editor. All you need do is:
- Open your Word document and copy the content you want in your Vestorly email.
- Open a plain text editor such as Notepad. TextWrangler is a good equivalent for Mac and is available on the App Store. Paste the text from Word into the plain text editor.
- Go to your Vestorly email text box.
- Again, copy the text, but this time from the plain text editor.
- Paste the text that you copied from the Plain text editor into Vestorly.
- Format your content in Vestorly by using the in-built WYSIWYG editor.